May 20, 2022
About this event
In this single day event, we will teach you about the fundamentals of 4D Flow MRI acquisition and discuss several applications of this imaging technique to be used in your clinical practice. Specifically, we will teach you how to perform valve tracking in whole-heart 4D Flow MRI to accurately assess valvular flow, regurgitation and shunt flow. We will describe how to assess wall shear stress maps in the aorta and how this measure relates to pathophysiology. Finally, we will discuss clinical examples of 4D Flow MRI in acquired and congenital heart disease.
Prerecorded in-depth educational presentations will be available for you to watch at your own availability, prior to or during the workshop. The presentations will be discussed live in the morning session by the teachers. The educational presentations are also available to revisit later, for one week after the workshop.
In the afternoon session, you will gain hands-on experience of analyzing 4D Flow MRI data. In small breakout rooms, the teachers will guide you through the workflow of the analysis software and assist you with your analysis of clinical cases.
You will work on the CAAS MR Solutions platform from Pie Medical Imaging. You will receive a trial version of the software to work with at home during and after the workshop. A free 30-days trial licence will be made available. You will receive example cases or you can bring your own DICOM data to discuss with the teachers.
Prerecorded lectures Clinical Application of 4D-Flow
- MRI acquisition technique
- Demo CAAS
- Questions Pre-recorded lectures
- Demo CAAS
- Demo Valvular
- Demo Aorta
- Hands-on Valvular
- Hands-on Aorta
- Prof. Hildo Lamb, MD PhD (LUMC. CVIG, Department of Radiology)
- Jos Westenberg, PhD (LUMC, CVIG, Department of Radiology)
- Arno Roest, MD PhD (LUMC, Department of Pediatric Cardiology)
- Gaston Vogel, MSc (Pie Medical Imaging)
- Peter Huntjens, PhD (Pie Medical Imaging)
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basics of 4D Flow MRI
- Recognize important pathological flow patterns in selected clinical cases
- Employ skills in 4D Flow MRI software (CAAS MR Solutions) for analysis of valvular flow (regurgitation, shunt flow) and aortic wall shear stress mapping.
Note: no CME accreditation will be requested for this course.
Cardiologists, radiologists and technicians involved with and/or interested in learning about 4D Flow MRI as well as research fellows, residents and clinical fellows.
Prior to downloading the Pie Medical application CAAS MR Solutions, please ensure that you select a workstation for this hands-on training with the following technical specifications:
- i5 or equivalent CPU
- 512 GB SSD for data
- 16 GB of RAM
- Discrete DX11 GPU, or
- Intel HD Graphics recommended 515 or better (minimal Intel HD Graphics 4000)
- 1920×1080 or higher resolution
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 10 (64 bit) (recommended)
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit)
Mac is supported using Parallels or Bootcamp, with the following conditions:
- Mac hardware supports DirectX 10
- Mac hardware includes a discrete GPU
- Parallels version is 15.0 or higher
- Retina resolution is turned off (parallels VM config) or resolution is set to ‘Scaled’
- Video memory set at max. 512 MB (parallels VM config)
- It is recommended to have at least 4 GB of RAM available for the VM.