The qRA workflow enables the user to quantify valvular and paravalvular regurgitation immediately after placing the valve. Purely visual determination can lead to underestimation of regurgitation, but the qRA index determined by the software is accurate and reproducible.
Key Product Features
- Truly quantification of aortic regurgitation during the procedure
- All based on X-ray, no ultrasound or MRI required
- Regurgitation Index based on density of contrast in the aortic root and ventricle
- Dynamic color map to visualize the severity and extent of regurgitation
- Tateishi H. The interaction of de-novo and pre-existing aortic regurgitation after TAVI: Insights from a new quantitative aortographic technique. EuroIntervention 2016.
- Abdelghani M. Assessment of aortic regurgitation by contrast densitometry angiography in the setting of TAVI; echocardiographic correlates. Presented at PCR LondonValves 2016.
- Abdelghani M et al. Adjudicating paravalvular leaks of transcatheter aortic valves: a critical appraisal. European Heart Journal 2016.
- Tateishi H, Campos C, et al. Video densitometric assessment of aortic regurgitation after transcatheter aortic valve implantation: results from the Brazilian TAVI registry. EuroIntervention 2016;11:1409-1418
- Ihdayhid A, Yong G, Louw J, Abraham A, Schultz C Quantitative aortography vs cardiac MRI in the assessment of aortic regurgitation. Heart, Lung and Circulation S358
- TCT Keynote lecture. PVR After TAVR: Diagnostic Considerations, Clinical Impact and Treatment Alternatives. Kodali S. Presented at TCT 2015. Assessing post device aortic regurgitation. Hahn R. Presented at TCT 2015.
- Van Mieghem NM, Leon MB, Overview on upcoming TAVI enabling technologies. Presented at EuroPCR 2015
- Lemos P.A, Imaging after TAVI. Presented at EuroPCR 2015
- Tateishi et al. Videodenitometric assessment of aortic regurgitation after TAVI implantation. Results from the Brazilian TAVI registry. Presented at SOLACI 2015.
- Rodríguez-Olivares R, Van Mieghem N, De Jaegere PPT. The Role of Frame Geometry Assessment During Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement by Rotational Angiography. JACC Cardiovascular Interventions 2014: e191-192.
- Schultz C, Slots T, Yong G, Aben JP, Van Mieghem N, Swaans M, Rahhab Z, El Faquier N, Van Geuns R, Mast G, Zijlstra F and De Jaegere P. An objective and reproducible method for quantification of aortic regurgitation after TAVI. EuroIntervention 2014;10:355-363.
- Schultz C, Slots T, Aben JP, Van Mieghem N, Wong G, Swaans M, Mast G, Van Geuns R, Zijlstra F and De Jaegere P. Reproducible quantification of aortic regurgitation by contrast densitometry during TAVI. A pilot study. Poster presented at EuroPCR 2013
- Van Mieghem N. Aortic Regurgitation and paravalvular leak post-implant: diagnostic assessment and therapeutic options. Presentation at EuroPCR 2013
- Ihdayhid AR, Chopra S, Yong G, Schultz C. A Novel Approach for Measuring Aortic Regurgitation post Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation using Time Density Changes in Contrast. Presented at World Congress of Cardiology 2014